Saturday, July 6, 2013

T-minus one week

Final EIC edits for Kingfisher were turned in as of last night. We should be good to go. And unlike the previous book, I don't have the intense off-and-on urge to strangle my narrating character. Probably because more went into Halcyon than into Lukas. It took far less time to write, but I enjoyed writing the character and there was never really a point where I spouted explicatives and asked, "why the hell are you doing that?" Not that I don't love Lukas and Shadow. But I'd really like to go back and rewrite them. Already. I know this happens to authors sometimes--one of my favorite authors ever has commented that he'd love to go rewrite some of his older stuff, and I'm still convinced that the works of his in question are written art deserving of being on a pedestal. But I'd hoped that I wouldn't feel like this until later on. >___>;

So Kingfisher releases next week. I have a day planned out in my head where I go to eat at Halcyon lounge (aka that place I almost crashed my car in front of because I had to stop and do a double-take at the name) and maybe go see Pacific Rim. And then generally stay off the Internet. Because the ego is delicate with this one.

Snitch is... coming. No double entendre meant. Maybe. I've gotten through the first erotic scene and hopefully that means that it should pick up a bit. My goal is to hit 12,000 words by the end of the weekend. And not forced words just to fill out the word count. Words I actually mean to keep.
Just a bit weird to write because the narrating character has a form of social anxiety, so most of the book takes place within the walls of his house with forced external interruptions once he gets himself involved with "Snitch". And I'm stubborn as hell, so narrator is going to stay socially-phobic and reclusive.

So yeah. Time to continue hiding in my apartment for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment